Thursday, March 10, 2011

The notebook---One of my favorite movies

    
         I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough. This is the beginning that Noah’s words. Yes, he is an ordinary boy. He does not have rich family and high social status. He and his father live in an old house. Noah is just a worker in the factory. He always wears poor cloth. Allie is from rich background. She is a beautiful girl in amazing dress. They form bright contrast. He goes crazy about Allie.


          However, their love must be not allowed by Allie’s parents. We can know their social status from their cloth. Noah’s poor clothes is not disgusting but represent his industrious. It can pave the way that Noah makes the new house for Allie, although they do not stay together any more. He has good manner when Allie’s parents think he is not good enough to Allie, Noah chose leave Allie. His word that is given at the beginning show us his ordinary but he sticks to his love till the last moment.


           At the end of this film, Allie asks Noah whether their love can make a miracle. Noah promises her that their love can do anything they want to at the last minute. This conversation presents their love can bond them together and show us they love each other deeply.


          Allie’s behavior is like Allie’ mother does when she was young girl. The same situation also occurs on her daughter. Her mother thinks that is a good way to Allie. She is a tough woman, she thinks that money and status is everything to people. But she supports their love in the end. She thinks people need love to live. From her mother character, we can see the typical rich family. They like people who have same high social status to them. She tells her daughter Noah is a trash to her. From her words, we can feel that she love wealth than any other things. That is a important reason why she does not agree to Allie and Noah’s love.



1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this movie! I actually watched it Saturday, if it is ever on, I'm watching it, and it always steals my heart :) Love th blog and completely agree!

    ReplyDelete