Thursday, February 24, 2011

Film- Age of Innocence

        That is a good movie to see
       I cannot forget when the music plays, the beautiful flower is full of the whole screen, this flower is in full bloom and very brilliant as if all the beautiful things are come out at this time. I think that is the age of innocence. That is the life I pursued. It is an excellent movie I have even seen.
       The flowers represent all the flashy things, although they are beautiful, it has to fade someday, as if the good thing is not constant. The characters’ clothes are very amazing and shinning. They are in the top social status. So when I saw people in those clothes, I know their social status. But I can learn something behind this grace and decent life quickly, that is, people are hypocritical and affected. The theme in this movie is not light or happy but very heavy. I cannot see the sunny day in this film but I can see the cloudy day, just like people are under the limit of society. All the people are surrounded by the atmosphere of pressure.
        When the Ellen told Newland:” if you love me, you have nothing at all”, their love is not permitted in the society, Newland has wife, his wife, May, she is the kind woman, and she know her husband loves other woman.  She did not say anything until she died. People are restricted by the moral and ethic issue. When they want to go out of New York, Ellen said that:” no matter where we go, our love cannot be allowed to develop”.  Those conversations tell us people under this society, their love is limited, and their passion is limited. They must obey the rule of society, although they do not say it.
         Ellen loves Newland, and she can gain insight into Newland. Ellen likes freedom although she is under this society which is not allowed people to pursue their life. But she runs out of Europe to look for her life. She never covers her love to Newland but still keep her dignity in the society. Her clothes are dark red. She is filling with passion to Newland but her love cannot be accepted by the society.
         When it comes to Newland, I cannot know how he loves his wife. I am sure he loves Ellen. At this moment, he does not give up his wife and still treat her as his wife. Even he and Ellen plan to run out of the country, when he knows his wife get pregnancy, he stays with his wife. He often wear suit in the film,  suit give people a feeling that the person is very formal and square, but suit also present us that there is no way to reach the goal- staying with lover forever.
          It is a good movie to see. It has amazing dress and wonderful scene that we cannot forget. I never have seen the movie like this. It can help us to get a better understanding about life and love.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the movie, but it sounds like a good one to go see! I like how you said that all beautiful things will soon fade away because that is so true, things on the outside do not last, it is the inside that counts!! :)
    God bless,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't since this movie every but I like how you were very descriptive in describing it. This shows that you really are in love with this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, you are very passionate about this movie. I haven't seen this film but by the way you describe it, it seems as a unique love story. Sometimes relationships go this way and they can't get pass the standards that society has set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen the movie either but it sounds like you know this movie from the back of your hand. You seem very passionate about this movie and that must make the film very unique. I makes me want to see it sometime.

    ReplyDelete